I recently received a Philips SatinPerfect Epilator HP6576/50 to review, and I wanted to share with you my thoughts on this product.
- Shave, Trim, and Style Attachment
- Trimming Comb
- Optimal Performance Cap
- Active Hairlifter with Active Massage Cap
- Cleaning Brush
Before trying this epilator, I mainly used disposable or refillable razors to remove body hair. I have tried waxing before, but since I thought it was too painful, I have given up on that option. I haven't heard much about epilating or epilators, so I had to do a quick search on it. When I realized that epilating would remove body hair in a similar manner to waxing, I must admit that I got a little anxious. After all, I already thought that waxing was too painful. How was I going to handle the pain of epilating?
After fully charging the epilator, I told myself that I could do it and bravely turned it on. However, once I heard the loud noise that the epilator makes and saw how quickly the epilating discs turn, I got scared again. Once I finally got over my fear, I realized that epilating wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. It was actually quite easy and not too painful when I used the SatinPerfect epilator.
- You can quickly remove large amounts of body hair.
- Compared to shaving, epilating keeps the hair from growing back as quickly. So, you won't have to deal with stubble as frequently, and your skin will be much smoother for longer.
- For new users of epilators, the optimal performance cap stabilizes the epilator and makes it easier to get to all the hair.
- The active hairlifter with active massage cap vibrates the skin to lift flat-lying hair and short hair, making it easier for the epilating discs to grab onto them.
- You don't need to apply a lot of pressure for the epilating discs to grab the hairs.
- There are two speed settings, which is very convenient. You can adjust the speed for different types of body hair.
- It can remove thick and fine hairs.
- You don't need to purchase anything else to epilate successfully.
- You can recharge the epilator. I'm so glad that I don't have to worry about buying replacement batteries.
- You can also choose to shave and trim body hair with this kit when using the shave, trim, and style attachment and trimming comb.
- All of the caps and attachments are designed for easy use. Since they can only be put on in one direction, you won't get confused about how to put on the pieces.
- You will feel the body hair being removed. To me, it felt like quick, little pricks. However, the sensation will vary from person to person depending on the person's sensitivity and pain tolerance.
- You might have to go over the same area several times to get all of the body hair if the hair is not uniform in length or growth direction.
- The epilator makes a loud noise when it's on.
- You can see the epilating discs turning. Personally, it just looks really scary.
- Washing the epilating discs, caps, and attachments. If you are used to just rinsing off your razor after use, then cleaning the epilator will seem like more work, especially if you use a lot of pieces. However, it is easy to remove the hair with the cleaning brush and warm water.
- Be patient and take your time. If epilating is painful for you, then I recommend that you use the slower speed setting and epilate small areas at a time. This way, you will have more time to recover from the pain before starting again.
- Figure out the direction of hair growth. It is easier and less painful to epilate against the direction of hair growth, just like in shaving or waxing.
- Charge the epilator right after using it. I always forget to charge the epilator, and when I want to use it, I can't because it hasn't been charged. So, it's best to charge the epilator right after using it. That way, it will be fully charged and ready to go whenever you want to use it next.
If you're interested in purchasing a SatinPerfect epilator, you can save $20 at Amazon.com when you use the code BUZZEP2O. So, go ahead and take the jump to invest in this epilator system. In the long run, you will save more money because you would only need to buy this kit once and the kit contains everything you would need. You would no longer have to spend money on razors, replacement razor heads, shaving cream, wax, waxing accessories, etc.
Disclaimer: I am a BzzAgent and received a kit to do this review. No monetary compensation was offered or accepted for this post. The opinions above are my own and were not influenced in any way.